Last 21st November the Science and Technology Park Foundation of the ULPGC was notified on the awarding of a Technical Support Personnel grant regarding the 2017 call for proposals – Infrastructure Type (PTA2017-14490-I) of the then Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness (MINECO).
This subsidy, now managed by the Spanish Research Agency of the current Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities (MICIIN), will ensure co-funding of costs of a Manager position for SITMA with a total contribution of 39,000 Euro for the period 2019-2021.
Once the grant has been confirmed, all the technical and administrative management tasks of the service are to a great extent guaranteed. The same applies for the set of projects already approved to be developed by SITMA during the next years in the Canary Islands and the whole Macaronesia.
The main objectives and tasks linked to the co-funded post are:
- Administrative management: contacts, budgets, invoicing, Human Resources, internal regulations, etc.
- Support to R&D generated by the service: project design, fund-raising, integration in consortia, boosting of the activity of Research Groups.
- Technical support in oceanographic cruises and other services.
- Publicity and facilitation for SITMA within the marine-maritime sector.
- Communication and dissemination of results to the society.